You create and administer Profiles through your EarthRanger Administration site.
Creating Users and Parent User
All Profile users are associated with a parent user. A Parent user can have many Profile users associated to their account.
To create a user:
- In your EarthRanger Administration, go to User Accounts at the bottom of the page and then click on Users.
- Create the user by clicking on “Add User” .
- Profiles are users, so setting up a parent user is the same process as setting up a Profile user. One distinction between these user types is a parent user must have login permissions but a profile user does not.
- Set up your user based on the activities and responsibilities that they will perform.
- In order to associate Profiles to Parent users you will need to to associate a unique PIN to it. The PIN has to be a 4 digit number that will be always associated with this user.
Process of linking a Parent User to Profiles
- Once a Parent and Profile users are set up you can navigate to a Parent user to set up as many Profile associations as needed.
- Open the user account.
- Scroll to the bottom profiles section.
- Select from the available Profiles list the users you would like to add as Profiles and click on the right arrow button to move them to the Chosen Profiles list.
- All users in the Chosen Profile list are associated Profiles to the user you selected as Parent user.
Ensure that the parent user has a unique pin assigned, the server does not currently validate unique pins so it is up to the admin user to ensure pins are unique.
PIN Admin Setup Process
When creating a user profile you should be able to see a PIN field option with 4 digits, this is where the admin should determine a unique PIN for each of the users.
PINs are a unique 4-digit number that the admin will set up for each of the users in the app when enabling profiles.